Pages

ONLINE CARD CLASSES: CREATIVE CHEMISTRY 103 DAY 2

Tuesday, August 2, 2016






I have long admired the crafty, chemical genius of Tim Holtz but I have always been really fearful to try his techniques.  This class has really inspired me to put on my big girl pants and just do it!  So after madly labeling all my supplies that have just been sitting there inspiring guilt, I finally gave it a whirl and tried the Distress Paint resist technique from today's class.  I started by applying spun sugar distress paint with a brayer to the butterfly from the Perspective stamp and then pounced it onto the hearts stencil and used picket fence on the flourish stencil.  I then used distress stain in faded jeans, forest moss and dusty concord.  I used the mini ink pads in the same colors plus concord grape.  I was actually surprised at how much I liked it but I wish the butterfly showed up more but I think the lines were too find.  As usual, I wish it photographed better.






Share to Facebook Email This Share to Twitter Pin This

No comments:

Post a Comment