I love this stamp from Tiddly Inks but after I printed and colored it, I realized that I wanted to spray the background or even use distress inks. OOPS, I need a mask. Here is what I did to create a mask for a digital stamp. I took a piece of plain printer paper and put it over my colored image. I then stuck a piece of Inkadinado masking paper over the visible image and printed it again. Easy peasy digital mask to cut, peel and use.
upper image is sized for another project
Here is a sneak peek of the colored image which I will finish when I return from NYC next week.
I started this card for the OnlineCardClass: Copics for card makers but we have been travelling (again) so I just now finished it . I think this is just the cutest stamp to use and I need to color more of my House Mouse stamps. Not sure I would use this paper again for copic coloring.
I embossed the whole card so that the spiderweb looking pattern is all over the back side of the card too!
So this bit of coloring was a two-fold experiment. The first part was I didn't use my usual paper, X-Press it or even Neenah solar white but this textured paper from Michael's. It is actually a 5.5" square card with envelope pack and I really liked the way it looked. I stamped the Stampendous image with MFT Hybrid black ink pad and the image came out very clear (I was surprised because of the texture of the paper). Then I colored it and was pleasantly surprised with how it came out. The second part of the experiment was the dark background ( I so love how Sandy Allnock does her wonderful dark backgrounds and I have only used distress inks for mine). The colorless blender didn't work very well on this paper to pull color out so a little weird on the dots in the background. I used a black multiliner to added more definition to the fur cause it kind of got lost in the color and it helped with the edges. No card made yet but here is the colored image. And yet again I forgot to watermark!
Failed! I tend to go crazy and cannot use only a few markers. So here is my coloring for the day. Was trying for iridescence on the birds. The right image is on laser printer paper the left is Copic X-Press it paper. The laser jet is fine for practice.
Love this challenge, can never get too many critters! This card, however, morphed from my original idea a bit and took a lot of masking and hand cutting (really don't like to do that) but I think it ended up pretty cute. There are a lot of supplies which I will try to list tomorrow but I wanted to get this up tonight .
This is my working sketch (using all the masks I made).The original idea was to just cut out the middle but I did't like that and ended up changing it up.
This card is for a childhood friend who remains one of my favorite people to this day. I am lucky enough to get to see her this week for her birthday. I first applied the gold embossing paste to the stencil and when it was thoroughly dry I layered distress inks. I die cut the sentiment our of three layers of the same purple cardstock so the sides would show purple. I stamped with the gold metallic ink and embossed with the gold tinsel embossing powder (I used the same embossing powder on the edges of the card stock) Hearts have a glob of Glossy Accents and the whole card was spritzed with a bit of water and then the gold Color Shine.
This is the inside which I totally forgot to photograph before signing (sigh).
It is PTI Framed Love die embossed with the same Ranger gold tinsel
This is the bottom inside which is just a gold foil paper (stash) stamped and embossed in the same gold tinsel. Hard to photograph with my cell phone but it is a nice and shiny gold on gold that does match the rest of the gold on the card.
MFT SCROLLED BACKGROUND STENCIL
PAPERTREY INK BIRTHDAY TRIO, TIPPED TOP DIES, FRAMED LOVE DIE
Here is my take on Kelly Marie's card technique. I tried to work on this a little in the am, a little in the aft and a little in the pm but wow, I am sometimes so slow! Wish I had more time to spend on this card cause all I can see are the flaws. Drat!
Yes, I know, some of the letters are wonky but I thought I wanted them to look totally random. And I still can't get that chunky embossing powder to look bumpy and not smooth and still stay on the card!