Pages

ONLINE CARD CLASSES: HOLIDAY STYLE MASKING

Sunday, November 15, 2015


Onlinecardclasses, Wplus9, copic markers, Christmas Cards


You can see the stickles here but not the subtle glitter in the snowflakes


Day 5 was cutie patooties and I opted to try out a one layer card with masking. Laura Bassen's card was just to adorable to resist and I wanted to get all the layers correct. I started by stamping the small gift and then worked my way backward, masking each layer. When all the stamping and masking was done, I blended my sky with Amuse Pigment inks.  I just love using pigment inks for blending.  When the ink was dry (the next day cause it was very late at night and bed was calling) I used Carte Bella snowflake stencil with Aleene's glitter snow embossing paste.  When that was completely dry, I pulled off all the masking paper and colored the images with Copics.  The ribbons and bows are painted in gold but they don't show up well in the photo. I used StarDust stickles all over for an added glittery snow effect.  After I finished the card I realized I totally forgot a sentiment and also the card was warped so I cut it down and adhered it to a green card base which solved the warping problem and I typed and foiled a greeting and adhered that to the top.  Hope you like it.




 WPLUS9 Holiday Hugs
PTI Double ended banners

Share to Facebook Email This Share to Twitter Pin This

No comments:

Post a Comment